19 Sep AJBCC Tokyo Conference: Program Update – Registered?
The latest program for the 55th annual Joint Business Conference of the AJBCC and its counterpart the JABCC is now available.
Conference program is available here.
With already over 300 senior Australian and Japanese executives registered to attend the meeting, it will be held in Tokyo from the 8-10 October, 2017. The meeting will also feature a new session format from previous years.
Speakers and co-chairs will include:
- Sir Rod Eddington AO, President AJBCC; Chairman, Asia Pacific Advisory Council, JPMorgan
- Akio Mimura AC, Chairman JABCC; Senior Advisor, Honorary Chairman, Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation
- Hiroshige Seko, Japan’s Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI),[tbc]
- Yuriko Koike, Governor of Tokyo [tbc]
- HE Sumio Kusaka, Ambassador of Japan in Australia
- HE Richard Court AC, Ambassador of Australia in Japan
- Sakie Tachibana Fukushima, President, G&S Global Advisers Inc
- Peter Grey, Chair, MLC; Co-Chair Japan, Corrs Chambers Westgarth
- Brett Cooper, Senior Trade Commissioner in Tokyo, Austrade
- Makoto Iokibe, Chancellor, Prefectural University of Kumamoto; President, Hyogo Earthquake Memorial 21st Century Research Institute
- Yasushi Akahoshi, President, Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Paul McGarry, Head of Asia, Goodman Limited
- Masayuki Kinoshita, Counsellor, Mitsui & Co, Ltd
- Peter Coleman, CEO, Woodside
- Kikaku Tokumaru, Executive Officer, Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd
- Rashpal Bhatti, Vice President Freight, BHP
- Eiichi Yoshikawa, Deputy President, (Director), The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd
- Sally Loane, CEO, Financial Services Council
- Shemara Wikramanayake, Global Head, Macquarie Asset Management
- Yasuyuki Kawasaki, Director and Deputy President, Head of International Banking Unit, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Kaoru Yano, Executive Adviser, NEC Corporation
- Kazuo Kyuma, Member of the Council for Science, Technology and Innovation, Government of Japan
- Andrew Gauci, President, Australia New Zealand Chamber of Commerce in Japan(ANZCCJ); CEO, Lendlease Japan
- Tadashi Fujita, Representative Director, Executive Vice President, Japan Airlines Co, Ltd
- Toru Tokushige, CEO and Founder, Terra Drone Corporation Australia
- Prof Jenny Corbett, Director, ANU Japan Institute
The theme of the conference is Viewing Change as Opportunity. Faced with growing uncertainty and heightened risk, how do companies adjust to working in the current environment? Moreover, changes accelerated by rapidly developing technology, government policy variations, and altering geopolitics are all being thrown into the mix. Rather than focusing on increased business risk, are there opportunities presenting themselves as a result of the dynamics of these changes? What do they look like and how can companies in the bilateral relationship exploit these?
To participate in the conference, AJBCC members are required to register online.
If you require further information, contact us here.