19 Jul ANU Japan Update: Wed 6 Sep 2017
The ANU will hold its 5th annual Japan Update in Canberra on 6 September, 2017. Bringing together experts from Australia, Japan and around the region the Update provides a comprehensive overview of Japan’s current economic and political landscape, gives an ‘update’ on the country’s recent developments and future directions. The 2017 Update will focus on the economy, politics and innovation.
A number of distinguished and prominent scholars will be sharing their insights and latest research on Japan, including:
- Mr Toshitaka Sekine, Director-General of the Research and Statistics Department, Bank of Japan
- Professor Fumiaki Kubo, University of Tokyo and Senior Fellow at The Tokyo Foundation
- Associate Professor Nobuhiro Aizawa, Kyushu University
- Dr Shiro Armstrong, Co-Director, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy
- Professor Jenny Corbett, Crawford School of Public Policy
- Emeritus Professor Peter Drysdale, East Asia Bureau of Economic Research, Crawford School of Public Policy
- Professor Ippei Fujiwara, Co-Director, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy
The Japan Update 2017 is supported by funding from the Australia-Japan Foundation of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and the Japan Foundation, Sydney.
For further information: Email ANU