13 Sep PwC and ANU: Roundtable
PwC will host an invitation-only roundtable discussion in Melbourne on Fri 23 September, 2016.
Where is the Japanese economy heading? Will political stability and majorities in both houses deliver reforms and reboot the Japanese economy? Given the shrinking and ageing population, can Japan finally mobilise women in the workforce? What are the prospects of exit from huge government debt and negative interest rates?
- Mr Hideo Hayakawa (Senior Executive Fellow at Fujitsu Research Institute / former Chief Economist and Executive Director of the Bank of Japan)
- Professor Nobuko Nagase (Labor Economics and Social Policy, Ochanomizu University)
- Professor Ippei Fujiwara (Australian National University and Keio University / ex-Bank of Japan)
- Professor Peter Drysdale (Australian National University)
- Dr Shiro Armstrong (Australia-Japan Research Centre, Australian National University)