10 Sep NIKKEI Asian Review Forum: The New Era in Asia
Nikkei, Japan’s prestigious newspaper group will host a high level forum in Sydney on Thursday Oct 15, 2015. The theme is The New Era of Asia – The Role of Australia and Japan in the Region.
Now that the Japan-Australia Economic Partnership Agreement (JAEPA) has taken effect, the relationship between the two countries is closer than ever. Between the two lie the promising economies of Southeast Asia, which are set to integrate this year by creating the ASEAN Economic Community.
How can Australia and Japan adapt to the rapid changes taking place in Asia – and make the most of the ample opportunities? The Nikkei Asian Review Forum in Sydney will bring together business leaders from around the region to discuss prospects and strategies.
This Forum is organized by NIKKEI Inc. and Nikkei Group Asia Pte Ltd and supported by the AJBCC and Asialink Business
- Opening speech by Sir Rod Eddington AO President, AJBCC
- Keynote speech by Mr. Stuart Irvine Chief Executive Officer, Lion
- Keynote speech by Mr. Greg Lilleyman Group Executive, Technology & Innovation, Rio Tinto
Panel discussion: Business strategies for the Asian market
- The Honourable Warwick L. Smith AM Chairman, New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory, and Senior Managing Director, International & Institutional Banking, Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd.
- Mr. Yasushi Takahashi Executive Managing Officer, Mitsui & Co. Chairman and CEO, Mitsui & Co. (Australia) Ltd.
- Mr. Indra Utoyo (TBC) Director of Innovation and Strategic Portfolio, PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia (Persero) Tbk
Moderator: Gwen Robinson, Chief Editor, Nikkei Asian Review
Forum and Lunch: 9:00-12:30 Thursday 15 October 2015
Attendance at this event in Sydney is complimentary and is as a guest of the Nikkei Asian Review. However seating is limited and you must register.Register Here